Alexa Not Responding | Reset Amazon Alexa
- The first method will be to check the microphone. If the device is turned off, it will not respond to the voice commands. Confirm if the power of the microphone is on. You will only have to press the power button. If it starts working, you will see the power light turning on. If the color of the light is blue, it is turned on. If the color of the light is red, it is turned off.
- When your Alexa device that is Amazon Echo has the issue of Alexa not responding, you just need to restart the device. You will have to press the volume button up and down simultaneously. You will have to do it twice. Now, you can check if the LED is flashing. A flashing LED confirms that the device is working but not responding to voice prompts. You need to unplug the device from the socket or disconnect the power. Make sure that you wait for a minimum of 30 seconds. You will now have to reboot the device and then connect to Wi-Fi. The booting time can last for a minimum of 2 minutes. Turn the power on and see if Alexa responds to your voice.
- If in any case, the normal reset does not work, you will have to opt for a hard reset. This method can be very helpful and it has a higher success rate.
- Another method will be to enable the privacy function of Alexa. Perform the following steps to make the adjustments. You need to go to the “Nucleus” screen. Follow by clicking the Alexa button. You will come across the “Alexa Now” option. Click on it and confirm with your voice.
- Keep in mind that the Echo has internet access as well as a power connection. You will have to note that if the Wi-Fi is not working, Alexa will not understand your command. For this, you will have to get a proper internet connection. Always check the router and see if there is anything wrong. We recommend you check the connection by connecting your smartphone and try surfing the internet.